A random collection of articles by members of the society on whatever subject appealed to the author (so a lot on BR blue because that interests me). If you are a member and have something you would like to submit for publication here, do please contact the secretary.
- Old layouts: A look back at the numerous layouts the clubs has built over the years.
- The Chronicles of the Preston and District Model Railway Society
- Disposing of an Old Layout: Advice for anyone wanting to sell a layout.
- Building Euxton Junction: The story of how our OO gauge layout was built, in three parts.
- Exhibition Set-Up: Seven hours condensed into five and a half minutes.
- A Question of Scale: An introduction to the numerous different scales and gauges available to the model.
- Creating your own Water-Slide Transfers: How to use free software to create images you can print on blank sheets.
- Weathering a WD van for 009
- Everything you do NOT need to know about DCC: There are plenty of articles on wiring and programming, the stuff you need to know. This is the other stuff.
- Wiring the N Gauge Layout: How we (plan to) wire the new gauge layout, including using an Arduino to control servos on points.
- Using Blender: How to create models in the computer for 3d printing.
- Locos and Multiple Units in the BR Blue TOPS Era: An overview of motive power on British Rail in the TOPS BR blue era (era 7).
- Freight in the BR Blue TOPS Era: An overview of wagons on British Rail in the TOPS BR blue era (era 7).
- Tank wagons in the BR Blue TOPS Era
- Coaching Stock in the BR Blue TOPS Era: An overview of coaches on British Rail in the TOPS BR blue era (era 7).
- The Old Tramway: Tracing the route of the Old Tramway, a railway that closed in 1868, through Preston.
- Electrification Infrastructure: In particular on the WCML around Preston.